Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tyresta National Park : The unforgettable hike

This is my second visit to 'Venice of North' (Stockholm) and  that too in summer. I fall in love with this country as more than half the land area is covered by coniferous forest.On 15th May 09 , I visited Tyresta national park , which is one of the 29 national parks in Sweden.  Tyresta national park is special as its just 20 km south of Stockholm. It covers 500 hecters land.

When I woke up on 15th May (Saturday), it was very dull and cloudy climate. But I started as per plan at 11.00 am. It took 1 hr to reach the base village 'Tyresta'.  I had collected all required information from various sites , but did not have detailed map of national park. National park is marked with various hiking routes. I started my hiking from base village Tyresta. I found more information there but in swedish :(      I chose the 'Alby Route'.At the end, I realized that Alby is nothing but the name of another village where this trail ends.


Just I walked for half an hour , I found first forest lake. Meanwhile climate was changed totally. It was quite sunny. Amidst deep silence and fresh breeze , lake was looking so  beautiful and quiet. As if sky is looking into mirror, I could see sky's reflection in the lake. I took rest 15 min rest and again started jorney.


Tyresta national park has many old trees( as per official sites, few are older than 400 years) . As I went ahead , I reached to another forest lake. One couple had come with their son for night halt at that spot. It was amazing place for night halt. Park has provided few places for night halt and camp firing.If you are doing camp firing then woods are already cut and provided near to halt area. As per rule , visitors are not allowed to cut any tree for camp firing :)


After series of awesome  lakes , dense forest started. Trail was now going through tall trees , red berries . Finally at 6.20 pm , trail was ended to Alby.  It almost took 5+ hours to cover this mind-blowing route. With fresh and delighted mind , I left national park. 


for more snaps :

No comments:

Post a Comment